Translate

Saturday 5 May 2012

Swiped from an old blog - vague Paris visit memories.


I feel that I should have written something about Paris but I'm so lazy. I thought that my hub had written a blog in his myspace journal about it and i was just going to pinch it as i'm sure we had exactly the same experience. Alas no, only more stuff about Lord of the Rings. Maybe I can find an old email...I can...

' Paris was really cool, the weather was very good it just rained when we were at the airport which delayed the flight but that was the only downer really. Ran around like nutters, I planned where to go and then Bry got us there cos my sense of direction is v.poor! We really crammed a lot into the 3 days...Eiffel Tower, went to the top obviously. I was quite transfixed by it really. I couldn't get over how beautiful it looked from across the city. Notre Dame where you can climb the tower to see the bell and all the gargoyles, that was probably my favourite place. The Louvre where we saw the Mona Lisa and Venus de Milo, the museum is HUGE! The Bastille that was quite near our hotel, the Arc de Triomphe.. climbed that too, walked along the Champs Elysees, the Sacre Coeur and the Museum D'orsay :) We were knackered when we got back. The hotel was just quite basic (nice breakfasts though..I stole a baguette for lunch) cos we were on a budget. All good fun, it's been 9 yrs since I've been abroad so it was really nice to get back into travelling a bit. My mum looked after the kids but I think she found it hard going. In the book I was reading at the time some terrorists went around Paris blowing up pretty much everything we went to see in blood curdling detail and then blew up a plane too. It made for comforting reading on the flight. Amme x'

No comments:

Post a Comment